Fuchsschwanz is a cross-platform ICB server written in Python. It supports TLS and UTF-8 out of the box.
You need Python 3.7 to start the server. It requires a data directory and a configuration file.
$ python3.7 icbd/icbd.py --config=./config.json --data-dir=$(pwd)/data
The data directory contains help files, news and the message of the day.
You can use the run.sh script to start the server. This script will also generate a self-signed certificate for TLS (this requires openssl).
Running for the first time an administrative user will be created. You should note down the password.
2019-06-03 ... DEBUG ... Creating admin account: nick='admin' 2019-06-03 ... INFO ... Initial admin created with password 'HPjkVtiS'.
Please find below a list with the most important settings.
- hostname: hostname of your server
- enabled: enable (true) or disable (false) TCP without encryption
- address, port: network address and port used for TCP connections
- enabled: enable (true) or disable (false) TCP with TLS encryption
- address, port: network address and port used for encrypted TCP connections
- key, cert: private key and certificate
- limit: message box limit for new registered users
- ping: the server sends a ping message at this interval (in seconds) if no other client activity is detected
- timeBetweenMessages: minimum allowed seconds between two client messages
- idleBoot: default idle-boot setting for new created groups
- idleMod: default idle-mod setting for new created groups
- filename: filename of the internal SQLite database